When we first started the dialogue of the restoration process. We decided on a few “rules.” Some we made right away and others we made while talking. We’ve said it all along… COMMUNICATE. This is what we HAD to do in order to have restoration take place.
- We were going to have an open and honest dialogue of our truths.
- We were totally honest with our feelings during the whole talk. We weren’t going to get offended or mad for the other person’s feeling a negative way or expressing any negativity.
- We chose to listen to both sides and chose not to choose. It was opportunity to have everyone’s side on the table but never being pushed or forced to choose.
- We did set boundaries for certain topics.
- We chose to forgive and seek restoration regardless of what was spoken.
This wasn’t easy. It’s not going to be. It’s hard, sometimes almost unbearable. But… it’s worth it. It’s necessary and it’s worth it.